This downloadable pistol permit application is in four parts
- Putnam County instructions
- Putnam County applications
- Amended instructions
- Two copies of the New York State application. These must be printed double sided. Do not sign or notarize these forms, this must be done at the Sheriff’s Office.
To amend a Pistol Permit, download and complete this form.
To upgrade a Pistol Permit, download and complete this form.
For questions concerning Pistol Permits and Pistol Permit applications call 845-808-4321 or email.
Public Records Opt Out Form
New York State has made available an “Opt Out” form for all pistol license holders who wish to exempt their name and address from disclosure.
If a pistol license holder wishes to “Opt Out” of disclosure they may do the following:
- Download the attached form
- Complete all relevant parts of the form
- Sign and date the form
- Return the completed form to the Putnam County Clerk’s Office either in person, via interoffice mail, or via U.S. mail at:
Putnam County Clerk’s Office
40 Gleneida Avenue
Carmel, NY 10512