Helpful links from the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation:
- More information from the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
- View and download the course material
Who has to take this class?
- Any person over 14 years of age who operates a personal watercraft in NYS. A person may operate a PWC without a certificate if accompanied by an adult holding a certificate and is over 18 years or
- Youths between 10 and 18 years of age when not accompanied by an adult.
How old do you have to be at the time of the class?
- 10 years old
Is there any cost?
- There is no cost to take the class, persons 18 years old and younger will be mailed back a certificate free of charge. Persons above 18 years of age will have to mail there test results with a $10 check to the state to get a certificate.
When is the class?
- April 16th, 2016, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Bureau of Emergency Service Building.
Where is the class?
- The March 14th Class is at the Mahopac Marina, 897 South Lake Blvd., Mahopac NY 10541
- The April 25th and the May 9th classes are at the Putnam County Bureau of Emergency Service Building, 110 Old Route 6, Carmel, NY 10512
How do I register?
- To register for the March 14th class you must go to Mahopac Marina in person and sign up at the front desk.
- Click here to register for the April 25th course.
- Click here to register for the May 9th course.
You can also email any further questions to Sergeant Michael Szabo