Helpful links from the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation:
Who has to take this class?
- Any person over 14 years of age who operates a personal watercraft in NYS. A person may operate a PWC without a certificate if accompanied by an adult holding a certificate and is over 18 years or
- Youths between 10 and 18 years of age when not accompanied by an adult.
How old do you have to be at the time of the class?
Is there any cost?
- There is no cost to take the class, persons 18 years old and younger will be mailed back a certificate free of charge. Persons above 18 years of age will have to mail there test results with a $10 check to the state to get a certificate.
When is the class?
- March 14th, 2015, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM at Mahopac Marina.
- April 25th, 2015, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Bureau of Emergency Service Building.
- May 9th, 2015, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Bureau of Emergency Service Building.
Where is the class?
How do I register?
- To register for the March 14th class you must go to Mahopac Marina in person and sign up at the front desk.
- Click here to register for the April 25th course.
- Click here to register for the May 9th course.
You can also email any further questions to Sergeant Michael Szabo