Boat Safety Course
Who has to take this class?
- Any person over 14 years of age who operates a personal watercraft in NYS. A person may operate a PWC without a certificate if accompanied by an adult holding a certificate and is over 18 years or
- Youths between 10 and 18 years of age when not accompanied by an adult.
How old do you have to be at the time of the class?
- 10 years old
Is there any cost?
- There is no cost to take the class, persons 18 years old and younger will be mailed back a certificate free of charge. Persons above 18 years of age will have to mail there test results with a $10 check to the state to get a certificate.
When is the class?
- May 5th 0900 hours – 1700 hours.
Where is the class?
- The Putnam County Bureau of Emergency Service Building at 110 Old Route 6, Carmel, NY 10512
How do I register?
- On the web, fill in the form for each person registering, when completed correctly you will see a confirmation that the form was received, in a few days an email will be sent confirming your spot in the class. A separate form need to be filled out for each person.
You can also email any further questions to Sergeant Michael Szabo